The 2013 Wimbledon Championships was a tennis tournament played on outdoor grass courts. It was the 127th edition of the Wimbledon Championships and the third Grand Slam event of the year.Venue: All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club. Date: 24 June – 7 July.
The tournament was an event run by the International Tennis Federation (ITF) and was part of the 2013 ATP World Tour and the 2013 WTA Tour calendars under the Grand Slam category.
Wimbledon Championships 2013 – Winners List & Facts
- Men’s Singles – Andy Murray (United Kingdom): It was Murray’s 4th title of the year and 1st Grand Slam title of the year. It was his 1st Wimbledon title, 2nd Grand Slam title and 28th career title.
- Men’s Doubles – Bob Bryan / Mike Bryan (United States): It was Bryan Brothers’ 9th title of the year and 3rd Grand Slam title of the year. It was their 3rd Wimbledon title, 15th Grand Slam title and 91st career title. They completed Non-calendar year Golden Slam and thus became the first double team in tennis history to hold all four majors as well as Olympic gold medal at the same time.
- Women’s Singles – Marion Bartoli (France): It was Bartoli’s 1st Grand Slam title in her career and 8th singles title overall.
- Women’s Doubles – Hsieh Su-wei (Chinese Taipei) / Peng Shuai (China): It was their 2nd title of the year and the 1st Grand Slam title for both players. It was Hsieh’s 11th and Peng’s 9th title in their careers.
- Mixed Doubles – Daniel Nestor (Canada) / Kristina Mladenovic (France): Nestor also won the mixed crown at the 2007 Australian Open with Russian Elena Likhovtseva and in 2011 in Melbourne with Katarina Srebotnik. The Wimbledon honour was the 81st career title for the Canadian, who also won the men’s doubles title twice.