Rail Budget 2013-2014: Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal has announced that railways will recruit 1,52,000 new employees.
Some other facts:
- No increase in passenger fares.
- Railways to set up a Debt Service Fund.
- Reservation fee for Tatkal services and superfast trains to be hiked.
- Railways to introduce 67 new express trains.
- 5 per cent average increase in freight.
- New coach manufacturing and maintenance facilities to be set up in various places including Rae Bareli, Bhilwara, Sonepat, Kalahandi, Kolar, Palakkad and Pratapgarh.
- New complaint No: 1800-111-321.
- Free wi-fi facility to be provided in select trains.
- The new e-ticketing system will be able to bear the load of simultaneous login of 1,00,000 users. The present capacity stands at 40,000.