Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in Engineering and Technology. The GATE score of a candidate reflects a relative performance of a candidate. The score is used for admissions to post-graduate engineering programmes (eg. M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in Indian higher education institutes with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other Government agencies. The score may also used by Public sector units for employment screening purposes.
GATE is conducted through the constitution of eight zones. The zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are:
- Zone-1: Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Zone-2: Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Zone-3: Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Zone-4: Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Zone-5: Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Zone-6: Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Zone-7: Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Zone-8: Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
The overall coordination and responsibility of conducting GATE 2013 lies with Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, and is designated as the Organizing Institute for GATE 2013.
- Commencement of Online Application submission: 01 September 2012
Last Date for:
- Submission of Online Application Form (website closure): 30 Sept 2012
- Receipt of printed version of ONLINE Application at respective GATE Offices: 08 Oct 2012
- Announcement of results: 15 March 2013