- Culture of fish is called pisciculture.
- Prawn culture fetches a lot of foreign exchange into Indian markets.
- Algae are the primary producers in marine environment. Algae like Porphyraare eaten in Japan; Spirulinais a blue green alga which is cultured in CFTRI, Mysore.
- Pearl oysters produce the Pearls.
- Mussels are bivalves cultured for their food value.
- The specially bred earthworms are used to convert organic matter into compost.
- The breakdown of organic materials by worm activity is called ‘Vermicompost’.
- Biomedical instrumentation has evolved into a popular branch of science technology.
- A graphic record of the electrical variations produced by the beating of heart during contraction relaxation is called Electrocardiogram.
- Sphygmomanometer is an instrument used to measure blood pressure.
- CT scan is used to diagnose many diseases of the heart, cancer etc.
- Dialysis is a clinical device involving a technique used for removing waste products from blood and excess fluids from the body when kidneys fail to do their function.
- Laparoscopy, Endoscopy helps in the diagnosis of diseases inside the body.
- Eye lens implantation is followed in the case of cataract and in refractive surgeries.
- The replacement of lost or diseased blood using donor blood is called blood transfusion.
- The replacement of a lost organ or tissue with another organ or tissue from another person is called organ / tissue transplantation.
Valentine’s Day Special –The Gift Box: PS I Love You / Where Rainbows End / The Gift
CLICK HERE – Gift your loved one out of the ordinary!