IVRS is a software application that accepts a combination of voice telephone input and touch-one key-pad selection and provides appropriate responses. These responses may be in the form of voice, call back, e-mail, etc.
IVRS is a part of a larger application that includes database access. An IVRS application provides pre-recorded voice responses suitably for various situations.
Common IVRS applications include:
- Bank and stock account balances and transfers
- Surveys and polls
- Call centre forwarding
- Simple order entry transactions
- Selective information lookup (movie schedules, etc.,)
This software allows the business to automate customer service functions such as requesting a quote, routing calls, checking account balances, faxing, etc.
Depending upon the business needs, the IVRS software may be used and the benefits of IVRS software include
- Reduce costs by relying less on human representatives
- Integration with existing environment
- Provides customer self-service
- Reduces total cost of ownership
- Extensive reporting and customization of reports
- Integration of other technologies to provide more features.
There are several IVRS software packages available. Depending on the business requirements, suitable IVRS software can be selected by implementing a trial version.
CLICK HERE for Banking Exam (IBPS) and other Competitive Exam Books, Guides etc.