- The Government of India has changed the criteria for India’s highest civilian award the, Bharat Ratna to include all fields of endeavour.
- The Attorney General for India is appointed by the President of India under the Article 76(1).
- Zee TV was founded by Subhash Chandra and was launched in India in October 1992, becoming the first Hindi satellite channel.
- Virender Sehwag created history by scoring 219 runs in 4th ODI vs. West Indies, surpassed the feat of Sachin Tendulkar’s 200.
- Miss Earth 2011 – Olga Alava of Ecuador.
- NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) is an Alliance that consists of 28 independent member countries, signed on 4 April 1949.
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) has 196 Member States. Irina Bokova, the current Director-General of UNESCO.
- November 26 is celebrated as National Cadet Corps (NCC) Day.
- 24th September is celebrated every year as NSS Day.
- Miss Earth 2011 – the 11th edition of the Miss Earth pageant, held on December 3, 2011, Philippines.
- Rahul Dravid became the 2nd man to cross the 13,000-run mark in Test cricket.
- 42nd International Film Festival of India held in Goa.
- The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) was established on 3rd August 1954.
- Press Trust of India (PTI) was founded on 27 August 1947.
- EXIM Bank was set up in 1982 under the Export-Import Bank of India Act 1981.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) was established on 22 August 1966.
- Centre for Cultural Resources and Training was set up in May 1979.
BOOK: General Awareness and Current Affairs Digest 2012 – CLICK HERE for Details / Buy Online with Discounts (Free Home Delivery).